It probably isn’t a surprise to learn that more than 100 million Americans report living with a chronic pain condition every year, according to a report by the Institute of Medicine, with low back pain and knee pain being the first and second most common causes. There are many sources of discomfort or dysfunction in the soft tissues and structures of the joints, and when the pain gets severe, it actually may be a surprise to find out that surgery isn’t the only or even the best option when it comes to finding relief. What non-surgical pain treatments provide relief?
When many people think of chiropractic treatments, they believe it will only help back pain, but adjustments help more than just the spine.
- Misalignment in any of the joints in the body can change our postures.
- Compensation for imbalance changes the mechanics of our movement.
- Muscles will strain and become imbalanced in both strength and mobility.
Receiving chiropractic care may be an essential non-surgical pain treatment in your path to healing.
Bracing and Support
Recovering from an injury or chronic pain condition isn’t usually a quick fix, and while moving toward better alignment and building strength around weak joints, it can help to have some support with custom bracing or orthopedics.
- Bracing can hold alignment in place so healing can occur around an injury.
- A brace can allow you to exercise more comfortably so you can build stabilizing muscle strength.
- Using a brace can help you feel more confident as you move; anxiety around injuries can contribute to even more pain and a slower recovery.
Advanced Laser Therapy Pain Treatment at HealthStar Clinic – Birmingham
Advancements in medicine have resulted in additional non-surgical pain treatments using technologies like laser therapy for pain. This painless and non-invasive treatment relieves pain by eliminating inflammation and speeding up the healing process.
- Laser therapy can be used for acute or chronic pain conditions around the body without side effects, and helps restore the tissues to normal function.
- Treatments are completely customized, and while the number of treatments will vary depending on the condition, many patients feel marked relief after just a couple treatments.
- A laser treatment is short and easy, and contributes to faster healing on a cellular level by encouraging the elimination of pain-causing inflammation.
Seeking Reliable Relief?
If you’ve been told that surgery is your only option for pain relief, you owe it to yourself to seek the services of the experts at HealthStar Clinic in Birmingham, Montgomery, or Prattville. We offer safe, natural, and effective pain treatments that combine the modalities of chiropractic and physical medicine with constantly advancing technologies for accurate diagnosis and successful management of your conditions. Please call today to set up an appointment for an individualized treatment plan.